Quality: A major priority
Shepcote Engineering recognises its environmental responsibilities as a result of its business activities and as part of the local community is committed to minimising the environmental impact of its operations and policies.
Sound environmental management principles and practises will be applied to meet this commitment and to achieve demanding and publicly available environmental performance objectives. These objectives will be quantitative wherever practicable and progress will be monitored.
In particular, Shepcote will:
- Meet with and where appropriate exceed all relevant legislation, regulations and other requirements - where no regulations exist we will set our own exacting standards.
- Work to reduce consumption of substances in all operations, reuse rather than dispose wherever practicable and promote recycling and the use of recycled materials.
- Promote the conservation of natural resources through the management of energy and water.
- Reduce, wherever practicable, emissions and wastes from manufacturing operations.
- Work with key customers, suppliers and subcontractors to take full account of the environmental impact on the supply chain in a way that meets our joint goals.
- Provide appropriate environmental training for our employees to encourage sound environmental practices both at work and at home.
- Asses the environmental impact of new products, processes and operations.
It is the responsibility of all employees to ensure that the Environmental Management System is adhered to such that environmental performance is continually improved.
This environmental policy is endorsed by the board at Shepcote Engineering and will be reviewed annually to ensure it is achieving its objectives. Further, this policy will be made freely available to all interested parties.
Please contact us for further information on environmental matters.